We Germans can be very strange at times. Not only when it comes to Birkenstock-Shoes and Sauerkraut (the worst eating-experience ever), but the majority of my travel buddies are checking their future destinations for places serving sausages and German beer, before anything else. Weizenbeer before Ang Kor Wat, and Hofbrau-Haus before Eiffeltower.Prost!! Find out where to go for the best German Food in Singapore!
1. Paulaner Brauhaus – For Brunch
It’s kind of strange to go for “real German food” in Singapore, when you know its not “real German food anyway”. However the Paulaner Brauhaus has an really good deal for German brunch (including beer or not, your choice) situated around a halfways authentic “Oktoberfest” styled interior. Complete with Maibaum and Beer-Garden atmosphere..
The Buffet offers almost everything the “stereotype German meal has to offer”. From 5 different types of sausages, over to Kaiserschmarn and mashed potatoes, beer and so on. The best, good quality and the price.
- Paulaner Brauhaus Singapore
- Best German Food: Brunch Buffet
- Location: 9 Raffles Boulevard, #01-01 Millenia Walk
- How To Get There: City Hall MRT, then go to “Millenia Walk”
- Opening Hours:
Mo to Fr: 12pm – 2.30pm, 6.30pm – 10.30pm
Sat: 6.30pm – 10.30pm
Su: 11.30am – 2.30pm, 6.30pm – 10.30pm
- Reservations: +65 6883 2572 / email@example.com
- Webpage: www.paulaner-brauhaus.com/singapore
2. Werners Oven – For Lunch
Situated in the east this is a rather small and “insider-tip” German restaurant. I came here first approx 2 years ago and introduced my local friends to the German Haute Cuisine with crispy pork knuckles and typical German soups. Oh, especially the green pea soup is very rare to get in Singapore and its enough for me to keep on coming back!
- Werner’s Oven
- Best German Food: Pork Knuckle + Green Pea Soup
- Location:6 Upper East Coast Road #01-01/02/03 Singapore 455220
- How To Get There: Detailed description HERE (click)
- Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday: 8.30am – 10.00pm
- Reservations: +65 6442 3897 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: www.wernersoven.com.sg
3. Brotzeit (Vivo City) – For Dinner
Brotzeit is the best example of how well done marketing, positioning and targeting can become a great success for a German restaurant in Asia. The place is the most expensive and more commercialized then the other German places, but its food is very good and location wise its the easiest to access with one outlet at Raffles City and one at Vivo City.
I usually have the platter with (very original) German cold sausages, nice bread and everything that reminds me of a “normal” dinner at home. (Just that its 10 times as expensive) But hey, you are Singapore.
- Brotzeit (VivoCity)
- Best German Food: Brozeit Brettl (typical Bavarian mixed cold platter)
- Location: VivoCity, 1 HarbourFront Walk, #01-149/151
- How To Get There: Harbour Front MRT
- Opening Hours:
Mo to Fr: 12pm – 12 Midnight
Sat and Su: 12pm – 1am
- Reservations: +65 6272 8815 / email@example.com
- Webpage: www.brotzeit1516.com
4. Erich’s Wuerstelstand – For Snacks
Erich’s Wuerstelstand would actually need a category on its own. Strangely situated in the middle of busy Chinatown, Erich is a “original character” serving the best of German / Austrian street food to the whole world, next to Peking Duck and Kimonos.
His idea, location and last but not least great food with extremely affordable prices brings him attention by international press teams almost every day. Go, have a chat, enjoy the great sausages, bretzels and yummy buns, you will love it!
- Erich’s Wuerstelstand
- Best German Food: Leberkaese in Bun / Kaesekrainer
- Location:Kiosk No 2&3, Trengganu Street, Corner Sago Street
- How To Get There: Take MRT to Chinatown / Detailed description HERE (click)
- Opening Hours: Every day 3pm till late
- Reservations: Not needed / Street Stall
- Webpage: wuerstelstand.blogspot.com
Discovering new interesting and strange things everyday, he provides guides, news and tips for how to survive Singapore and how to best prepare for it.
Follow him now on TWITTER and get the full AngryAngMo dose!
Or Subscribe to his RSS FEED and get all the daily updates automatically!
Follow Me On Twitter RSS Feed Stumble it!