6. Get Drunk At Clarke Quay And Behave Like… A Tourist
The “Reeperbahn” in Hamburg, La Barcelonetta in Barcelona or Shibuya in Tokyo, they all draw the attention of a big thirsty mass of tourists. Shiny, colorful crowded streets and lots of alcohol. That’s also what you find in Singapore’s tourist number one night spot Clarke Quay.
- • Be touristy and get drunk at one of the many bars and clubs, and if you can still talk try to get a local girls attention. You are right on track buddy!
7. Have Lunch At A Local Hawker Center, And Eat Western Food
I don’t and shouldn’t have to mention it again, but the local food is one of Singapore’s REAL highlights, once you dig in to the wide array of local food you will never return to Mc, BK and their likes again. (The 5 Best Hawker center In Singapore)
- • Be touristy and walk bravely into one of the many local Hawker Centers (Food Courts) just to end up at the only Western Stall ordering Spaghetti or a Hamburger after having suspiciously checked out all the “weird local” places
8. Have A Singapore Sling At The Raffles Hotel And Throw Peanuts On The Floor
The famous Singapore Sling cocktail was supposedly created in Singapore and it’s no wonder you haven’t seen it on your locals Cocktail Bar menu yet. Its too sweet, and not only that, due to the huge touristy demand, it gets pre-made and the only original thing left is the cocktail umbrella on your drink.(The 5 Most Unique beach Bars In Singapore)
- • Be touristy and take a picture with the most photographed person in Singapore, the Door Boy at the main entrance of the Raffles Hotel after having had your Singapore Sling.
9. Keep On Complaining How Everything At “Home” Is So Much Better The Here
The food, the people, the transport system, the weather (oh yes, especially the weather), the prices and the clean air…usually everything is better at home then at your holiday destination of choice. (Singapore Is really Strange, Can You Explain Please?)
But, I forgot, who was the person that booked the flight to Singapore in the first place? Ah, I remember, it was you :) So take it as it comes, you are in the tropics, South East Asia, not London or New York any more.
- • Be touristy and complain about everything, the cab driver is cheating, the food is cold, the people walk on the wrong way and the sun is too hot
10. Feel That You Totally Understand The Asian Culture Because You Know How To Hold Chopsticks
Nothing to add here :)
What Do You Think Is Typical Touristy In Singapore?
Share your opinion and what you think is the ultimate touristy thing to do in Singapore with us in the comments below! Lets collect some hilarious stuff!