The year is long and the days are numbered. 2009 just arrived and brings some nice public holidays along.
And since long weekends are the best thing to escape this island for some off-time, I created the below Singapore 2009 Publi Holiday list and my suggestions of how to place your holidays to get the maximum amount of free time out of it.
(Read: Who Else Wants Cheap Holiday? – The Complete Guide To Singapore Budget Airlines)
Singapore Public Holidays 2009
- Chinese New Year Monday 26 January + Tuesday 27 January
- Good Friday Friday 10 April
- Labour Day Friday 1 May
- Vesak Day Saturday 9 May (+1 holiday)
- National Day Sunday 9 August (Monday becomes PH)
- Hari Raya Puasa Sunday 20 September (Monday becomes PH)
- Deepavali Saturday 17 October (Monday becomes PH)
- Hari Raya Haji Friday 27 November
- Christmas Day Friday 25 December
The Most Efficient Way To Use The Public Holdiays
First important thing, i base my “strategy” on an average 20 holidays granted by your employer.
Since Vesak Day, falls on a Saturday this year (09/05) you will most likely get an additional holiday granted, which brings us to an sum of 21 available holidays.
- 3 Days from 28th January to 31st January (Becomes 1 week of holiday)
- 5 days from 4th May to 8th May (Becomes 11 days of holiday)
- 4 days from 11th August to 14th August (Giving You A Week For Summer Holiday)
- 4 days holiday from 17th Nov to 20th Nov (becomes 1 week)
- + 5 days left for creating your own mixture of long holidays
In which way ever you decide to take your holidays, i wish you pleasant days and a nice time and holiday from your “holiday” in Singapore :)