Today I want to start my new series of bringing you the Chinese New Year, its traditions and customs, especially for Singapore, a little bit closer.
So lets get the most basic thing done first. Finding out which Zodiac, or better Animal, YOU are in the Chinese Zodiac calender, and if this coming year is your year, or if you have to wait a little bit more …
Your Personal Animal
In Chinese astrology the zodiac of twelve animal signs represents twelve different types of personality. The zodiac traditionally begins with the sign of the Rat, and there are many stories about the Origins of the Chinese Zodiac. Lets first find out which animal you are, and later we discuss them in detail.
Check which Animal connects to your birth date and you have your own Chinese New Year Animal Sign.
- Rat – 1924, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84, 96, 2008
- Ox – 1925, 37, 49, 61, 73, 85, 97, 2009!!
- Tiger – 1926, 38, 50, 62, 74, 86, 98, 2010
- Rabbit – 1927, 39, 51, 63, 75, 87, 99, 2011
- Dragon – 1928, 40, 52, 64, 76, 88, 2000
- Snake – 1929, 41, 53, 65, 77, 89, 2001
- Horse – 1930, 42, 54, 66, 78, 90, 2002
- Ram – 1931, 43, 55, 67, 79, 91, 2003
- Monkey – 1932, 44, 56, 68, 80, 92, 2004
- Rooster - 1933, 45, 57, 69, 81, 93, 2005
- Dog – 1934, 46, 58, 70, 82, 94, 2006
- Boar – 1935, 47, 59, 71, 83, 95, 2007
Evil, Good, Serious, Funny – What Are Your Characteristics?
Every animal comes with a number of very own characteristics that are supposed to fit your personality and be the ultimate reason for your strange behavior ;)
- Rat : Forthright, disciplined, systematic, meticulous, charismatic, hardworking, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, shrewd. Can be manipulative, vindictive, mendacious, venal, selfish, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant, scheming.
- Ox : Dependable, calm, methodical, patient, hardworking, ambitious, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.
- Tiger : Unpredictable, rebellious, colorful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous. Can be restless, reckless, impatient, quick-tempered, obstinate, selfish.
- Rabbit : Gracious, kind, sensitive, soft-spoken, amiable, elegant, reserved, cautious, artistic, thorough, tender, self-assured, astute, compassionate, flexible. Can be moody, detached, superficial, self-indulgent, opportunistic, lazy.
- Dragon : Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, zealous, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, ambitious, generous, loyal. Can be arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, eccentric, grandiloquent and extremely bombastic, prejudiced, dogmatic, over-bearing, violent, impetuous, brash, horny.
- Snake : Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, ambitious, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, purposeful. Can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, hedonistic, self-doubting, distrustful, mendacious.
- Horse : Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile mentally and physically, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded. Can be fickle, arrogant, anxious, rude, gullible, stubborn.
- Ram : Righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, compassionate, understanding, mothering, determined, peaceful, generous, seeks security. Can be moody, indecisive, over-passive, worrier, pessimistic, over-sensitive, complainer, wise.
- Monkey : Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual, intellectual. Can be egotistical, vain, selfish, reckless, snobbish, deceptive, manipulative, cunning, jealous, suspicious.
- Rooster : Acute, neat, meticulous, organized, self-assured, decisive, conservative, critical, perfectionist, alert, zealous, practical, scientific, responsible. Can be over zealous and critical, puritanical, egotistical, abrasive, opinionated.
- Dog : Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amicable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, dogged. Can be cynical, lazy, cold, judgmental, pessimistic, worrier, stubborn, quarrelsome.
- Boar : Honest, simple, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naive, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic.
Are You Satisfied?
I bet not, every guy will disappointed he is a Monkey if he could have been a Dragon and the girls will complain they are snakes and not horses, but thats life guys.
And now that we have figured out what animal you are, I will continue this series tomorrow to get the general history of Chinese New year and its most important customs.