Before we get all Singapore – What makes the iPhone 4 so Special?
- Quick TIP – You should read these later:
- • The 25 best and free iPhone / iPad apps for Singapore
- • 20 more fantastic (and free) iPhone / iPad apps for Singapore
- • The complete iPad guide for Singapore (Prices / Shipping / Specs)
Alright, so before I answer all the Singapore related most wanted questions about the new iPhone 4 (Where, how, price ..) here is why you should get it in the first place.
A quick summary of its newest features (since I am sure you’ve heard all about it already anyway). But I found some great videos and first hand on reviews that you might find interesting.
- New iPhone 4 Features:
- • Front Facing Camera (for Video Conferencing called Face Time). Review
- • New 5MP Camera and finally a LED flash. Video Review, Hands On
- • Video HD (720p) recording option Review
- • 3.5″ Retina Display (best display ever) Video Test, Review
- • New A4 Apple processor for awesome battery life Information, Video
- • iOS 4, including many new options like multi tasking Video, Review
- And here are the best official Apple Videos:
- • Apple Keynote Video (Quicktime)
- • iPhone 4 Picture Gallery (engadget)
- • iPhone 4 Feature Video (Apple)
Apples iPhone 4 in Singapore soon – Confirmed July 2010
While Apple will start selling the new iPhone 4 in its “primary” countries US, France, Germany, UK and Japan on June 24th, Singapore is confirmed to get the new high tech toy, sorry, phone, in July 2010.
Together with Hong Kong and 16 other countries the iPhone 4 will arrive on our shores only 1 month after the initial launch which is in line with how Apple handled the iPhone 3GS release here.
- Release in July 2010, complete country list:
• Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland
Singtel, Starhub and M1 – Bringing the iPhone 4 soon
Good for the end user of the new iPhone 4, all three major telco providers in Singapore have already officially stated that they are very interested in offering the iPhone and will bring it to their customers “in the next months”.
Singtel, Starhub and M1 announced that will launch the phone soon to the Singapore market, but havent given any “official” availability date yet.
- Official Telco Statements (Source Newspaper):
- • Singtel: “keen to bring the latest iPhone to customers and we are in the final stage of discussions with Apple“
- • M1: “will launch the iPhone 4 in Singaporei n the coming months“
- • Starhub: “we expect to launch iphone 4 in the coming months“
- Here are the official iPhone Pages from the Telco Providers:
- • Starhub iPhone Infos
- • M1 iPhone Infos
- • SingTel iPhone Infos
What’s the Price of the iPhone 4 in Singapore?
If we look at the prices of the US market and compare them to our local Singapore market, no big changes are to be expected.
The new iPhone 4 is priced exactly the same as the old iPhone 3GS in the US and I expect the same to be the case in Singapore.
The 16GB model iPhone 4 will set you back $ and the 32 GB iPhone 4 will cost you $299, USD that is.
In Singapore the iPhone is subsidised by the Telco Providers, depending on your 2 year price plan subscription, you will have to pay from zero to 600$.
How can I upgrade my old Singapore iPhone to the new iPhone 4?
You basically will have two options when we look back at how the TelCos handled earlier iPhone upgrades:
You had to fulfill at least six months of your contract, for being eligible for an early upgrade offer where you’ll be required to top up a certain amount (up to 600$).
- Trade In:
The second, and cheaper option is to trade-in your older model for a certain amount (usually between 300$ and 400$).
Where do I get the iPhone 4 in Singapore before its official launch?
• This article will be very helpful for you: The 5 Best places to buy electronics in Singapore
And if you really cant wait that 1 month, here are 3 options:
- 1. Fly to the Launch countries (June)
The most simple but most expensive possibility is to book your ticket to either the US, France, Germany, UK or Japan, go shopping for as many iPhone 4 as you can and come back on the next flight.
- 2. Ask a friend overseas to send it to Singapore
This option is probably the cheapest but also very unsecure one. I had myexperiences with the Singapore Customs so I would be very careful in sending valuable and electronic goods to Singapore
- 3. Get it on the Singapore Black Market
The first iPhone 4s are sure to arrive very soon after its official launch in June all over the sneaky Tech places in Singapore. Take a walk though Sim Lim Square or Mustafa Center and you will for sure be able to get your hands on one of the (overpriced) model.
(Read: 5 Places You should avoid when shopping in Singapore)
What’s up with that new micro SIM card? Can I get it in Singapore?
Yes, as soon as Apple announced the iPads features, and that it would only work with the new micro SIM card, the local Telco providers went on overnight shifts and soon later released their own micro SIM cards.
(Read: Apples Micro SIM Card explained)
- • Starhub and M1 are selling the micro SIM card since 29th May
- • Singtel is selling them since the 3rd of June, we are all set to go!
So, are you getting one?
I hope all this information made your decision a bit easier, please let me know if you have any more questions, I am sure to help you.. and after all, Are You Getting an iPhone 4?