I get Christmas and Birthday SMS from about every Mobile Phone company operating in Singapore. Why? Because I fall under their “favorite customers” category. I loose every single new phone I get within the first 3 month of playing around with it. I travel a lot, I use my phone heavily, I loose it, I need to buy a new one. Great.
However when I got my hands on Nokias latest phone the X6, I promised myself to be a bit more careful in the future, I dont want to loose this phone, ever, and guess what, it still resides right here, right now in my pocket doing its awesome stuff.
All in One and One in All
I travel a lot. Like really. Last year I took more flights then cab rides and I hate it when my hand luggage is already full just packing my “entertainment gadgets” together. MP3 Player, DigiCam, Notebook, It all adds up, and in the end it takes another 5 minutes to find the right cables, headphones or whatever adapters. This ended once I got my Nokia X6. right there.
If I have one device, that combines 32GB of on-board memory, a camera, GPS, portable game console and MP3 player into one slim and light (122 grammes) phone, then that’s all I need this year (and next year).
The cherry on top of this multi talent cream cake of a phone is its live connection to Nokia’s worldwide and huge Music Store, from where you are allowed to download and enjoy … now wait for it… as many songs as you like, for free (and with 32GB memory thats about 6500 Songs, woops).
That’s “Easy Like Sunday Morning” at 7AM, “The Burger Song” at noon and “Don’t Worry about a Thing” just before leaving the office.
Sleek, Small and Packed with Surprises
If I havent convinced you yet, here is everything else you are missing out if you dont give this phone a try.
The Nokia X6 comes with a crystal clear Carl Zeiss, 5MPX camera, that alone gives you the edge when taking pictures for your Food or Travel blogs “on the go”, but even better, it comes with a bright LED Flash. No “blurblur” and dark pictures anymore, go ahead and shoot that Chicken Rice in the dim Hawker Center.
Here are some example pictures I took in the last days:
TouchScreen and Display:
After using the phone for quite some while I can say that the responsiveness and accuracy of the Touchscreen is fantastic and literally on the dot. That’s because the X6 is the first Nokia phone to feature a capacitive touch screen, which makes the 3.2-inch 640×360 resolution screen of the X6 much more accurate in interpreting touch screen requests then any other previous model.
I have recognized this especially when writing text messages, using the build in MP3 Player or simply scrolling through the latest social events. The Virtual Keyboard used here is easy to type on and you can choose between an Alpha Numeric Keypad or Full/Mini QWERTY Keyboard by positioning the phone vertically or horizontally.
Its the little things that Matter:
Alright, the phone itself is a pretty nice designed device already, lying in your hand like a piece of smooth Mango, but what I really like are the little extras.
- • It comes with a nice and good looking headset for even better Music indulgent
- • The Keyboard locking is done via a nice pull button and not the cryptic keyboard combinations anymore
- • The speakers are quite good so you can enjoy the phone being your boom box on weekend trips
- • The integration of social apps and Internet is well done and you can easily follow all your contacts updates
- • Downloading of new apps / music and games is an ease, going through the free Ovi Store
Nokia X6 Key Specifications
Here again in Detail what makes this phone so special:
- • Phone dimension: 111 x 51 x 13.8 mm
- • Phone weight: 122 g
- • Battery: Standby Up to 401 h (2G) / 420 h (3G)
- • Talk time Up to 8 h 30 min (2G) / 6 h (3G)
- • Music play Up to 35 h
- • Operating system: Symbian OS v9.4, Series 60 rel. 5
- • Display size: 360 x 640 pixels, 3.2 inches
– Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
– Handwriting recognition
– Scratch-resistant glass surface
- • Screen type: TFT capacitive touch screen, 16M colors
- • Camera: 5 MP, 2592×1944 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, Autofocus, Dual LED flash, Video light, Geo-tagging and Secondary VGA video call camera.
- • 3G: HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
- • WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, UPnP technology