Its getting cold…in Europe, not in the Tropics though. Although we have wonderful Christmas music, Christmas decoration and a lot of Christmas Sales to get your Christmas presents, there is no real Christmas atmosphere here because of the missing Christmas weather.
Although you could buy tons and tons of 1$ icecream at every corner, there wont be enough to cool down the temperature here to a nice zero degrees.
But there is help, for everybody in Singapore who definitely doesn’t want to miss his usual Christmas atmosphere in Singapore, here are the places where you will be able to see your breath evaporating in nice white fog just in front of you.
1. Snowboarding at Snow City
Every city or country that counts itself as one of the “To Be” places these days has one. An artificial giant ski/snow dome, where you can freeze your but off even if its 30 degrees outside.
SnowCity is the Singapore version and besides skiing/snowboarding you can just go there, pay a lower entry fee and have some fun in the snow. Only disadvantage is the location, far away from the city but still reachable.
- Where: Jurong East Details Here
- Closest MRT: Jurong East MRT (10min walk)
- Opening Hours: Tue – Sun : 9.45am – 5.15pm
- Price: 1 hour Adult $16/pax Child $14/pax Package (2 adults & 2 kids) $49 (excluding equipment rental)
- Contact: (65) 6560 2306 or email@example.com
- Webpage: www.snowcity.com.sg
2. Ice Skating at Kallang Leisure Park
Singapores only (!!) ice skating park just opened one year ago and is in perfect condition to get treated by your rasorsharp iceskating blades. Situated inside the Kallang Leisure Mall its not even too difficult to get there. Get the shuttle uses from Kallang MRt or just walk from Bedok MRT station. Equipment can be rented at the place.
- Where: Kallang Leisure Park Mall
- Closest MRT: Bedok MRT
- Opening Hours: Sun – Fri : 10am – 10pm / Sat: 10am – 11pm
- Entry Price: 2 hours Adult 14SD (excluding skate rental ~5SD)
- Contact: (65) 6348 1123 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: leisurepark.com.sg/ice_skating
3. Frozen Magaritha at Eski Bar
Hidden away behind the oh so touristic Boat Quay you will find the Eskibar, located within an old industrial freezer this is Singapores coolest bar. Go there with a sweater if you dont want to get knocked out by the freezing temperatures.
- Where: 46 Circular Road (Behind Boat Quay)
- Closest MRT: Raffles Place MRT (5min walk)
- Opening Hours: Sun – Thu : 4pm – 1am / Sat: 3pm – 3am
- Entry Price: non
- Contact: (65) 6327 3662 or email@example.com
- Webpage: www.eskibar.com
4. Goosebumps at Golden Village Cinemas
Theres no place cooler then Singapores cinema, bring gloves, plenty of blankets and a small stove if possible, seariously, the closest you will get to Europe in December, is a cinema in Singapore.
- Where: Singapore City
- Closest MRT: All over the city
- Opening Hours: Mo – Su all times
- Entry Price: 1 movie ticket between 5 – 10 SD
- Contact: (65) 6311 9162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webpage: www.gv.com.sg
5. Icecream at IceCube
Fresh creamy icecream in all imaginable combinations with delicious toppings,IceCube is the place to go for icecream made in Singapore. Although it is a bit outside i can recommend the place and the delicious servings.
- Where: 11 Kensington Park Road
- Closest MRT: Ang Mo Kio MRT (15min walk)
- Opening Hours: Mo – Sa 4pm to 1am, Su 11am – 1am
- Entry Price: Single Scoup of icecream starting at 8.9SD
- Contact: (65) 6282 8126 or email@example.com
- Webpage: www.ice3cafe.com/